Pages

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom!

Thursday was my Mom's birthday! I brought breakfast to work, we ordered pizza for lunch, and afterwards the family took her to Movie Tavern for dinner and a 'private' viewing of Where The Wild Things Are. We got lucky, and no one else was in the theater :)

For her girft, I made her a chip board initial wall hanging for her office and a matching card.

For the wall decor, I decoupaged a large chipboard letter with two coordinating papers from the K&Company Classic K Margo Designer paper pack. For embellishments, I adhered three prima flowers and pearls to the top, and created matching buttons using three of the Autumn Leaves clear buttons for the bottom to balance it. On the back, I attached coordinating ribbon with two more matching buttons.




For her card, I used the same two pieces of patterned paper and embellishments, and hand cut a small tag. On the tag, I stamped a small flourish from the American Crafts Lavish stamp collection in Chestnut Roan Chalk Ink. I handwrote the sentiment. On the petals of the prima flower, I used Stickles in Platinum. I inked all of the edges with Tea Dye Distress Ink.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! Reading them is always the high light of my day!

~Courtney