Pages

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Dog Food Soup: A Layout


I know, I know. Three posts in three days...I'm on a roll!

I really, really, really can't wait to see what everyone thinks of this layout. I used some new materials (card board and lace), and did some things that took me out of my comfort zone (like adhere my photos all crooked!), and it was so much fun!

The photos are of my niece, Che, making dog food soup at my mom's house. It was so great to see her squat down, smile, slowly pick up the dog food bowl, and check to see if anyone was going to stop her before she poured all of it into the water bowl.

Then commenced the splashing around in the Dog Food Soup :)

A few of the products that I used were:
Cardstock: Bazzill Prismatics Suede Brown Medium
Printed Paper: DCWV Rustic Stack
Tim Holtz Distress Inks: Walnut Stain, Tea Dye, Antique Linen, Victorian Velvet
Stamps: Tim Holtz Ultimate Grunge, Good Thoughts, Flights of Fancy



4 comments:

  1. I'm not a big fan of doing this particular layout (with all pic's and embellies in one place) BUT I have to say this is fantastic. I just might have to rethink that. All the added things you did really bring it together for a completed look. Great Job Courtney!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it! The story makes it that much better! This is why we scrap! Nice mix of media and the subtle details pull it all together nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the details you added. The cardboard is so cool--I've been wanting to try that! And the curled/torn edges are so awesome too! Love the overall result, how the pictures tell a story and the the colors tying everything together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the cardboard and lace together and the way the pictures are crooked, I always have mine lined up, will have to try this, it really works. Great layout!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! Reading them is always the high light of my day!

~Courtney