Pages

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

She wanted to be an artist...or something


Hello Hello! It's been a few days since I've worked in my studio, so it felt GREAT to get back in there for a few hours today! I jammed my new Journey Greatest Hits album, and chatted with my mom while I worked. 

I wanted to try out the black and purple color combo, and somehow incorporate the new Angel Company stamps that I purchased....and this is what I came up with!

I lightly inked the entire tag with Victorian Velvet Distress Ink, then blended in Dusty Concord. I stamped the images with Jet Black Archival Ink, and the grungy dots in Dusty Concord.

To finish it off, I covered the entire tag with Rock Candy Distress Crackle Paint...and waited and waited and waited for it to dry...

(by the way...that little girl totally looks like me when I was younger...)



So, whatta you think???

3 comments:

  1. I love this, Courtney. The crackle layer really adds a special touch. I think it was well worth the wait!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! Reading them is always the high light of my day!

~Courtney