Pages

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

In the Future?

As I said the other day, I wrote a list of projects that I'd like to sew. A few of them have semi been started, but most of them are just hopes.

McCall's 5388 - This is the shirt that my students are making at work in the Apparel class. I'm making one along with them. I've started this one, but it's going slow because I'm trying to stay at the class' pace. I'm learning a lot by allowing the certified teacher to tell me how to do it.

Simplicity 9505 - This is a special proect at the request of a friend. I'll add more details about it later. I should be starting on this very soon. I bought the fabric this evening.

S.E.W. Boxers - I plan on making my Fiance a few pairs of boxers using the pattern from Diana Rupp's Sew Everything Workshop. I already have fabric for this project; bandanna print.

McCall's 9407 - I really want to make one of the jumpers from this pattern for my new favorite baby boy in the world, but I bought stretchy thermal material, and I can't seem to get it straight enough on my table to pin the patterns. I can't imagine trying to sew such a stretching material...

A Funky Stocking - My mom has asked me to make a cute Christmas stocking for my 5 year old niece. I'm still researching the best way to do that. I plan on making my own pattern. It seems silly to buy a pattern for a sock shape.

A Quilted Wallet - This looks SO neat. I recently bought a rotary cutter, so when I have the chance, I want to try making one of these super cool wallets!

S.E.W. Cardigan - There is a super simple cardigan in Diana Rupp's book. I'm thinking that I'll buy some sweatshirt fleece soon, while it's on sale at JoAnn's this week, to use for this project. Hopefully, I'll have time to sew one up while it's still cold :)

S.E.W. Knickers - Again, Diana Rupp's fantastic book. I don't know that these would look great on me, but...who doesn't want to say they can sew knickers?

McCall's 5599 - (View A) This is a tote for my future mother-in-law. I bought the fabric for it MONTHS ago. I haven't even opened the pattern. I hope to finish this for Christmas...maybe.


I think I have my work cut out for me. Good thing that I like being busy! I'm off to make an Excel sheet of all of the patterns I own. This may take a while...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! Reading them is always the high light of my day!

~Courtney