Pages

Saturday, January 2, 2010

The Challenge: Make Something for Someone

I want to start out this entry by thanking all of the new people now following Hand Me A Stamp, either on my blog, or via Twitter. It means so much to me to recieve comments and emails from all of you! It lets me know that you're reading!

With that said, one of the blogs that I frequent is that of Robyn, My Pink Stamper. Yesterday, she and her visiting friend, Karlee, issued a challenge for New Years Day: Make something for someone else. Easy enough, right? How could I turn down such an easy challenge! So, after our New Years Day tradition of cleaning up the yard from all of the fireworks the night before, I began making my 'gift'. One of my very best friends had asked me if I could possibly make him a bookmark, after showing him my Tim Holtz tags. He loves to read philisophical/scientific type books, so this is what I came up with:







The base of the bookmarks is Tim Holtz Grunge Paper. I love this stuff! It's flexible, yet durable, and smells awesome! A friend of mine and I think it smells like leather :) I also used images printed on Bazzill cardstock, Tim Holtz stamps, and Tim Holtz Distress Ink (What? Me? A Tim Holtz fan???).

I have something really cool that I'm working on. Hopefully, it will be ready for uploading tomorrow afternoon! Again, thank you all so much for stopping by. Please, follow, comment, take my button or find me on Twitter! Adios!

3 comments:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! Reading them is always the high light of my day!

~Courtney