Pages

Monday, June 28, 2010

Jello: The Simple Things


Yesterday, my brother and his beautiful (and awesome) wife brought their 4 kids to my mom's house to say goodbye. They are all moving to Missouri today, and we're going to miss them so much!

This layout features their youngest, Che. She is 2, and for some reason, she happens to look and ACT just like me - even though my brother and I don't look alike at all. While they were visiting yesterday, I snapped quite a few photos of her eating (or attempting to eat) Jello on my mom's couch. I got a few hilarious photos, but I'm saving those for another layout.

This layout was inspired by the last class that I took with Karrie Allen at Scrapp'n Savvy. You can see her pages from that class in a video here. All of the layouts that we were taught were interactive, and I LOVED the waterfall page. How perfect if have a lot of photos for one page!



Products Used:
Cardstock - Bazzill
Paper - My Mind's Eye - Simply Delightful
Stamps - Tim Holtz (of course), and Unity
Ink - Ranger Archival Jet Black
Jewels - Bazzill
Alpha Stickers - Thickers




         


 When you pull the waterfall tab down, I have some hidden journaling that reads:
"Che, Your personality amazes me! Each time I'm able to spend time with you, I can't stop smiling! By the way, your Nana never let ME eat Jello on the couch!
Love, Aunt Courtney"

6 comments:

  1. I love this page! This is the perfect way to show off all the pictures you took of Che. Great photography as well!! Oh...That's what being Nana is all about...letting the grandkids eat Jello on the couch :)
    ~Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. WoWza...This is absolutely awesome. I have been getting away from 12x12 pages and this is such a fab idea that I may have to give it a whirl. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Layout! I don't think I've ever seen a waterfall layout for a scrap book page. Beautiful!
    TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. just love the flip! great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't help admiring your work. It's a wonderful example! it's really amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! Reading them is always the high light of my day!

~Courtney